In Ruby fashion here are some fun facts you may or may not have known about my Dad, our Father Daughter relationship and other various tidbits of knowledge that will probably answer some of those burning questions you have about where I get most of my "quirkiness"...
Let's begin that it's known, the world around, that he and I are like this, while Mom and Dominick are two peas in their own pod. We're loud, Italian, outgoing, weird, humorous, outwardly passionate, organized to a T, hot headed when the going gets going and have no shame in most of the things we say or do.
Dad has designed and built on to more than half of our house, including my very own bedroom which I always felt so proud of that my Dad built.He showed up to Dominick's birthday party in a full blown mascot as Raphael from the Ninja Turtles and we didn't know it was him 'till years and years later.
He built a club house for Dominick and I in the backyard to have all our friends over to play in. And boooyyy did we.We have home videos of him doing Jane Fonda workout tapes with us in the front yard.
I'll never forget the 4 of us driving up to Delaware lake in his white Ford pickup truck to go boating, all crammed together.
He has a crush on Cindy Lauper and the host Paige Davis from the original Trading Spaces (outed!)
His best friends all gather at the Worthington Barbershop more than once weekly to talk sports, guy stuff, and.....actually, I don't wanna know what else.
He gets extreme joy and fulfillment out of being in the Chain Gang with his best buddies at Thomas football games where Dominick coaches.
He came to every single volleyball game, track meet and even sat through things like cheerleading camp finals to support and watch in all of our sports endeavors. He lived through all the screaming.
He sang "Sweet Baby James" to D and I every night tucking us into bed.
I've seen this man in questionable outfits around the house...
He's the kind of man who asks for garbage cans and knee pads for work for Christmas because he doesn't need or want anything else.
Hey remember that Christmas you decided to clean out the attic?
He is always always ALWAYS there to listen, give me a spiritual/internal p.o.v., pick me up when I'm down and give me tough love when needed. He is one of my best friends.
He endured a childhood of being the youngest of three and living through my Aunt making him strip down to his skivies, pretend to be a slave boy and repeat "I'm a hungry poor little boy with no where to live and no where to go," over and over while she sat in the big wingback chair of my grandparents living room while she pulled the lever for him to disappear into the ground. Like, 100 times over and over.
He's the hardest worker and the most humble, coolest man I know.
I love you Dad! I am your biggest fan.
No comments:
Post a Comment