Wednesday, July 21, 2010

reflection

I don't really know the meaning of today's post except for the fact that I'm feeling awfully Chatty Kath with a mix of optimism, great ideas, renewed goals and a hunger (still) for an M&M Blizzard. So, come in and stay awhile and listen to me rant. {Just say yeah and nod a few times and at least pretend you're listening to me}.

I'm on the verge of turning 26 and I remember last year I praised my birth date to be a perfect one (for obvious reasons) but also for the fact that it's basically, okay well almost, smack dab in the middle of the year. Which grants me a perfect reason to evaluate the first half of the year and decide what needs to continue, what needs to be dumped and what needs to begin.
Quite honestly the first half of this year has been fantastic. Some of the best memories I can remember in years. My relationships with family, friends and myself have grown exponentially. I have been fit, healthy, happy, laughing almost every day and not living with any regrets. I think my turning point was the day I decided to take on a 1/2 marathon. My whole perspective shifted from a broken heart to focusing on myself and a new goal I never ever thought I could do. And I did...and did it WELL. The second shift came with my vacation to Miami. I truly vacated my life and enjoyed every ridiculous second of it. I have not thought so clearly, so openly and so optimisticly then I have in the past 6 months...with exceptions here and there (Mom can vouch with evidence of some slightly retarded phone calls). But..that's life, and that's what Moms (great Moms like mine) are for.

{here's Lauren and I doing The Winston}

Basically, I am grateful for this year. I am learning a ridiculous amount of stuff (I couldn't come up with a better word) about myself, my limits, my expectations and goals.

Plus, my hair is long this year. So there's that.

post signature

No comments: