Just so you know, I turned up/ripped off the ol' calendars and this is what quote greeted me on my wall: "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."
And I couldn't agree more. Thanks, Marcus Aurelius!
So I was thinking yesterday, on the Eve of September, that I should declare September to be The Month of (insert some ambitious new goal here). My first thought was The Month to Not Spend My Monies On New Clothes. But then I thought about how hard that could be because it's the first month of fall. And I need some new staples in my wardrobe (like work pants...which could be a justifiable excuse, right?)

Then I thought about this. I make lists, almost daily. And right now I have a running list of Outfits. Really great outfits with clothes I already own. So, September: The Month to Not Spend My Monies On New Clothes is actually within reach here, folks. Plus, most of my Saturdays will be spent in OSU game day gear, so we're really not that far off.
I cannot make any promises. BUT, I am going to challenge myself to step away from the shoes/sweaters every waking second I think about wanting to buy new things. At the very best, I'll walk away from those impulse purchases and finally be able to afford things in the future like, ya know, a TV that doesn't cut off half of Heidi's face because it's not equipped for wide angle views.
Baby steps.
No comments:
Post a Comment