Monday, October 25, 2010

costumes!

Happy Halloween Week! Last night Mom, Dominick and I (we missed you Dad!) were eating dinner and reminiscing about all the costumes we donned when we were growing up. We laughed and giggled at the fact that Dominick and I could NEVER settle for a store-bought costume and our ideas for dressing the part were always SO intricate and detailed that Mom would spend hours on the sewing machine coming up with and editing original costumes if they weren't to our standards. (Mom, I am sincerely sorry!)

But they set the stage for so many great Halloween memories. Take for example when we reached the age when parents walking with you to trick-or-treat was just not cool anymore. Enter Dad, in a sheet, as a ghost, following us throughout the neighborhood to keep an eye on us. Or my favorite Mom-made costume, The Pumpkin (which we still have).

 {strawberry}
{Colonial Hills Halloween parade; princess}
{snow white}

Other memorable costumes include Beyonce (Single Ladies), a fairy and a witch. Check back next week for this year's costume!
post signature

No comments: