Wednesday, October 27, 2010

epitome of fall

As I mentioned before, yesterdays storms that swept through Ohio left me wishing for Hunters and an appreciation for when bad weather lets me off the hook to do anything but sit on the couch and cuddle with a blanket and good TV.

The past two Carrie Nights have involved Oktoberfest beer, candles lit among my Halloween decor and scary shows or movies on TV. AMC has been running all sorts of scary movies on the reg and I caught Jeepers Creepers 2 on Monday night. Last night I was intrigued by the History Channel's Exorcism: Driving Out the Devil. At one point I realized how terribly Halloween it felt with the beer, the candles, the decor, the shows and the orange sky the storm left outside.

It was quite beautiful and like nothing I had ever seen before. I was obviously too lazy to get up from my warm spot on the couch to take pictures, but I admired the vivid colors and  eery yet beautiful mood it set after such a ridiculous storm. Fortunately, my dear friend Annette captured some of the gorgeous sky from her backyard. (Visit her blog Lilac Haven...her adventures and picture skills are amazing).



{photos via}

I really cannot believe October has come and gone so fast. Best month. Hands down.
post signature

1 comment:

Reagan said...

Beautiful! That sounds like the perfect night! I can't wait to see what you dress up like for Halloween. Jake and I are getting excited!