I loved these questions featured over at Experiment in Poverty, so I decided to ask myself a few questions and dig in deep to get your burning style questions answered.
where are your favorite places to shop? favorite online stores?
I have a love/hate relationship with Forever21...I have to be in a mood (focused, determined, ideas in mind) to bear the craziness. But I like to think I have a keen eye to weed through the madness and hone in immediately on some of the good pieces. I also love Gap and Old Navy for basics and Target for payday (who doesn't?) I also LOVE second hand vintage stores where I've found a lot of gems this year; specifically Second Chance in Columbus. If money weren't an issue, I'd be frequenting JCrew, Madewell and some of these online boutiques that I just can't get enough of. So speaking of online stores, I don't really buy online, except for shoes over at Urban Originals. It's a hit or miss, but my friend Tessa and I can't get enough of some of their shoes!
do you have a style icon?
There's always going to be Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O, but to bring it up to recent years, I'd go with Alexa Chung, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, and Olivia Palermo. They're all so original and give off that air of I don't give a crap but keep it simple, timeless and current all at once. In the past year they have inspired me to really abandon boring and safe fall-backs and try new trends and mix new prints, etc.
what do you have the most fun shopping for and wearing? (i.e. sunglasses, shoes, jeans, boots, sweaters, skirts, etc.)
If you were to take a look in my closets you would see an abundance of dresses, sunglasses and shoes (I have a closet specifically for high-heeled shoes, dresses and clutches). I almost always seem to be drawn to sequins and textures and I get giddy for anything that has different details like adorned t-shirts that really polish a casual look.
is there anything you would love to wear but are too timid to try?
Probably a fur coat. A year ago, I wouldn't have thought I'd want one so badly but now I'm considering going to the Salvation Army at my lunch break to breakdown and buy one.
if your style spoke a language, what would it be?
probably some sort of mixture of Jackie (if you know you know) meets midwestern accent with a touch of wannabe British badass-ness.
what cartoon character best reflects your sense of style?
Probably Daphne from Scooby Doo. She rocks the long hair and bangs and is always wearing that purple dress, which I'm quite fond of wearing (with tights and booties). But I'd be reluctant to not include Daria in there, because for one, I was nicknamed Daria in high school for my dry humor and lack of energy for school at times, but also because she is badass and keeps it real simple. I like my dresses, but just as much as I like my favorite pair of jeans, converse kicks and a button up plaid shirt and/or sweater.
what time period would you have loved to dress in?
When Jake and I are watching Boardwalk Empire I always say that I would have LOVED to live in the 20's to dress in the flapper style, with bobbed hair, liquid liner, long gloves and red lips. Something about that period is so sexy and mischievous. But I also catch myself daydreaming about what it would be like to live in the 40s with the wavy hair and dresses that accentuate curves. I would probably fit in mostly in the 60s when the Kennedy's were around. Simple and classic style is always my favorite.
Talking to yourself is really fun. You should try it!

2 comments:
woops, i just left a comment under the feathers post that i meant for this one. anyway, i liked your mini interview. so fun!
What an excellent interviewer/ee you are. Clever, stylish girl!
Post a Comment