Wednesday, November 3, 2010

the post where I make a terrible joke

While at Jake's this weekend, I had 2.5 hours to myself so I took it upon myself to rent Sex and the City II, so I wouldn't have to hear absurd comments about the ridiculousness of the movie from el boyfriend. Instead the ridiculous comments came from myself as I couldn't believe the cheesiness and proposterousness (go with it) of the movie. I expected cheese but I didn't know I would get Vieux Boulogne...the smelliest cheese of all! (I'm here all night, folks).

Anyways, I still appreciated the "gang" getting back together, no matter how far-off the story-lines have gone and I particularly fell in love with Carrie and Big's apartment.


Read more about Set Designer Lydia Marks' style for the movie and apartment here (where the photos were also snagged from.)

post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i mean, the movie is total and utter terrible-ness (not a word). but it doesn't really deserve a word, so it's just terrible-ness. and you know what...I PAID to see it! so as a result, i deserved it, really.

great apartments, though!

Maggie said...

Hahahaha, cute joke. And I agree with you that Carrie and Big's apartment is gorgeous.

I also agree with you about the movie being hogwash. Okay, you didn't exactly say that, but I think we still agree.

I watched it on a long flight back from the East Coast a few weeks ago, and wish I could get my $6.99 and 2.5 hours back. (Okay, 2 hours. We landed 30 minutes before the movie ended, and I was glad for it.)

It was wretched, wretched, wretched. And vapid and crass and one big lame advert for Abu Dhabi tourism.

I'm going to step away from my keyboard now, lest I turn your blog into a big ol' rambling rant.

The end.

;)