Friday, January 21, 2011

girly girl

Sometimes I read other blogs and really dislike myself. I don't do outfit posts, I don't have a ton of money for fashion or home interior stuff. I don't really have an edge like some other gals do.
But what this gal does have is the balls to get out there and do it myself. Take, for example, shoveling this long driveway last night. I live in a building that houses 3 other tenants which happen to be all gals. And I have certain sentiments towards their attitudes. On top of that, our landlord likes to collect his money and eat it too, because he never sends over his young and able sons to shovel us out or plow our driveway or walks. Which leaves no one or someone to do it. And that someone happened to be me. On a completely different sidenote: some witch on my college track team said she hated me because I was "too girly".

I will say a few things about it: I actually really enjoyed it. I had a good workout from it. And I streamed the Lady Gaga station from Slacker radio in my pocket whilst shoveling. It was just what the doctor ordered.

It also helps when hot food and a cold beer are waiting for you inside. Yeah, that's really too girly for me...

post signature

5 comments:

Professor Fancy Pants said...

You go girl. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ugh, landlords in OH unfortunately generally aren't required to shovel snow -- it sucks!! I feel like people who live in apartment complexes w maintenance people DO get their common areas shoveled, but if you live in a rented house or a residence out of a complex, it seems the landlords never shovel. Check your lease; maybe you got lucky and he assumed the duty to shovel in the lease :)

Crimson Design said...

Doing these types of things are what make us really like ourselves. Its not having all the stuff. Snow shoveling and the likes always gives me a sense of empowerment and it seems to have done the same for you.

Maggie said...

RAWR! You rock.

Kelly.Dolcini said...

carrie,

i just found your blog looking for marcel the shell and i am so glad. i just started blogging and sometimes feel the same way you say you do in this post. "man, i wish my blog was as pretty as a cup of jo or design*sponge or any of those fancy blogs written by designers." i just want you to know that i really identify with you and have been enjoying reading your blog while i'm at work. you pick great links and i like all your posts from the heart. keep up the good work, girl.