Tuesday, January 25, 2011

silver linings

These past two weekends have been rough. First a car accident, then the flu. Neither were pretty, and both left me wanting to just lay in bed and wake up in April. But, it's amazing what 24 hours can do.

- giggling constantly with two best friends (and a dog) on a Monday night
- making fun of The Bachelor...
- ...but still watching and hanging on every second of The Bachelor
- finishing a good book
- reading aloud to Jake over the phone and remembering how I used to read to my fake class in my room when I'd play pretend school...
- ...I'm going to start reading aloud more, whether or not he's actually listening
- jamming to Kanye in my temporary VW Bug
- eating broccoli so good, I exclaimed "it tastes like candy!"
- wearing red tights and a bowtie necklace to work
- eating Valentine M&M's for breakfast
- I only saw Jake for a little over 24 hours in the past 3 weeks, so getting to see him this weekend makes my week month.
[a flower pulled from the ones Jake sent after my accident]
Dear January, I won't be sad to see you go. Love, Carrie

1 comment: