Saturday, January 8, 2011

hi!

Oh my! It has been ridiculously long. Too long. Admittedly, it was nice to take a break from blogging for awhile. It felt good to feel like I didn't have to do something everyday and the world woulnd't end (okay okay, I know the world won't end but I'd be lying if I didn't ever think, "but what about my readers?" and then I laugh at myself for even entertaining the idea that I "have readers").

In a nutshell: my 11 day vacation before starting my new job was relaxing and...relaxing. I slept in till 11 or 12 everyday (hellOO college days) (while Jake got at least 3 hour of work done under his belt) and watched trash tv till weird hours of the night (our favorite was Ghost Adventures). New Year's was spent dressed to the 9's and spent with our friend's and a hot French kiss.

More thrilling to update: I started my new job this week. I keep thinking to myself "someone pinch me". Yeah. It's that good. I can't believe I'm here and that I get to be a small but important part of the work the researchers are doing at The Research Institute to cure illnesses, diseases and cancers in pediatric health.

Unfortunately, I forsee a little bit of a hiatus from Ruby in the near future. But I will check in from time to time and I will most certainly continue reading up on YOUR lives because they have all been a happy part of my daily routine for the past year or two.

Today my 8 year old cousin, Abby and I went to Marcy's Clayground to paint. We happened to get the cozy two person table next to the fireplace and talked music, birthday parties and consulted eachother on colors for our respective clay choices. I didn't know why music wasn't playing in the place (come on! we're here to party!), so I fired up the phone and played some Taylor Swift. It was pretty perfect. In an ode to Ruby and my daily coffee routine, I picked a mug and decorated it with stripes and one of my fav color combos (black, aqua and red). Abs picked a cupcake and cupcake magnet.

Right now I'm at my parents house just hangin' with Mom, Dad and brother. Dad has given us various "discertations" throughout the night including the ins and outs of tie-rods and ball-joints (from his car) while walking around in a heated blanket thrown over his shoulders cape-style, in between singing renditions of Adam Sandler's "Lunch Lady Land" because Mom made sloppy joes.

Life is good.
post signature

No comments: