Wednesday, March 30, 2011

brain gems

What are you guys reading these days? I am almost done with Water for Elephants and I cannot put it down.  I only read before bed, so it's no wonder I've been feeling extra lazy in the morning. And every time I see the preview on TV (or at the movie theater on Sunday) I have to close my eyes and mute it or hum so it doesn't ruin the ending! I'm going to need a new book after this one, any suggestions?

I also could NOT resist picking this up in the checkout line at Ginourmous Eagle last night. It's one of my favorite movies and the young Patrick Dempsey is such a sweet mix of adorable and nerdy in it. I only buy DVD's of movies I love, but I can't wait to introduce this little gem to Jake this weekend. I'll have him doing the African mating dance in no time!
Apparently I'm a target audience for those last minute purchases they push in checkout lines.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Carrie! I've been reading "The Murderer's Daughters" by Randy Susan Meyers recently. It's by no means a light-hearted or happy story, but it is a really honest look at family dynamics, particularly between siblings. As the oldest child, I really identify with the older girl, Lulu. As the youngest, you might find yourself identifying with Merry's perspective more. Definitely worth a read if you're in an introspective mood. Hope all is well!

-Lindsay Chambers

Anonymous said...

-- the imperfectionists (tom rachman)
-- being polite to hitler (rob forman dew)

those are both pretty good...i'm super picky.

-- midnight in the garden of good and evil (john berendt)

REALLY good book (i'm biased; it's my favorite)

Reagan said...

i read water for elephants! i loved it. and i really think it is going to translate well into a movie. maybe even better than the book! I hope so at least. because i'm excited to see it (especially the hair and costumes!)