Thursday, May 19, 2011

print

I've been away. Yes. I have no excuses. Where did we leave off?
I wish I had this print in college and when I was a bartender.
I can't tell you how many times people were like, "IT'S OKAY TO SMILE!" when I was bartending to a jam packed patio of middle-aged alcoholics. Do I come into your office when you're busier than hell and say, "Hey. Dude. It's okay to smile! Life isn't THAT BAD."?
In college girls said I was intimidating because I never smiled at them and didn't say hi to them every single time I passed them in the dorm hall freshman year on my way to use the restroom or to brush my teeth.
Is that even human?
 [from here via her]

8 comments:

Lauren said...

You didn't smile in High School...or middle school for that matter

Anonymous said...

I need that for my door

lindsey thieken said...

this is the story of my life.

KMazza said...

I got the same comments growing up. It must be genetic!

Holly said...

yup ive heard the same. also, in situations where im not talking (i probably dont wanna be there) ive got "jeez stop talking so much will ya, har har har" ha...it doesnt make me wanna talk any more! ugh.

i feel ya, sistah

Professor Fancy Pants said...

I like your face.

Krista S. said...

HAHA I have the same problem. And I have replied with that quote every time and get just as ridiculous reactions. Love it!

Caitlin said...

You also need a "Don't Worry Guys, I Used to Be a Racecar Driver" sticker for your car.

Just sayin'!