I know the number one rule of blogging is to take quality pictures. I'm obviously slacking in that department for 2 reasons: 1. I always have my phone on me and rarely keep my point and shoot charged (okay that was 2) and 2/3. Is that I don't have a high-end quality camera to achieve such a thing. So for now, for the sake of even having pictures in my posts, we'll all have to deal. Deal?
I don't mean to brag but I really love my job. To be able to say that is something I have dreamed about since dreaming about what my future could entail. On a daily basis I am humbled and on a daily basis I laugh. Both two things I really wanted in a career. I was recently telling someone that although I work at a hospital, I don't save lives. I don't see patients on a daily basis. But that doesn't mean that our work doesn't count. All of it counts. I was recently brought to uncontrollable tears from a video a family shared with us on the FB page. Such courage, such strength and such beauty of a child only several months old. I could never ever possibly understand what it feels like to lose a child. I realize the most important takeaway from watching that video has nothing to do with myself, but it goes without saying that it reminds me "this is why everyone here works as hard as they do." To find cures, to save lives, to support families and children in every way possible.
Staff Appreciation Day at work- icecream and sherbet with plenty of toppings.
Touring the campus expansion.
A perfect (yet rainy) view of Columbus.



No comments:
Post a Comment