Step 1: (more like step 4) (after a few attempts at WHAT step 1 should have been): To get to this point, I ended up measuring out a stencil on newspaper. I got what you see above, and admittedly stopped before the top because I was sick of doing it it's more "original" that way.
Here's the finished product- Step 16? Who cares. It's done! I wish I had the zigzags scrunched closer together, but whatevs. It's not perfect, but it's growing on me. In daylight the color looks more gray/blue/slate. At night it looks more deep blue.
I also picked up two fake flowers at JoAnn's (where I bought my art supplies) to make the Carrie Bradshaw-esque/blogger famous brooches everyone is wearing. Only this time, they don't cost your dominant arm and your eyeballs to buy. I bought a pin and hot glue gunned it on. I even wore the white one (above) to Easter! Sadly, I haven't uploaded those pics yet. So use your imahge.

2 comments:
I like how your painting turned out. Love the color in the day light!
love that painting. i'm going to have to try something like that
Post a Comment