Friday, April 22, 2011

on being emo.

Today's post is brought to you by sadness, some moodiness, and a heap of humble.
I struggle with being in a long distance relationship, because, well, I love my boyfriend and I want to see him more than a weekend here or there. I am the queen of the little things, of loving the day to day ins and outs of being together- spontaneous firepit action, throwing the football in the backyard, hell, even just watching COPS in bed together.  I know that we're both extremely happy to have eachother over not being together at all, and we both wouldn't be doing this if we didn't love eachother, I just don't know WHERE to channel that sadness sometimes. Often times a couple of beers, loud music and a small cry does the trick. But I really just need to give Jake a ton of praise for being the rock in this long distance relationship when it comes to being sad about not seeing eachother as often as we would like. He holds it together. He offers words of comfort. He makes an absurd grill joke that has me laughing in no time, and then I feel, once again, like everything is gonna be fine.
THE ROCK.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Aww. Sweet post.

I fell in love with a similar post on a new to me blog this morning. You might find it comforting:

http://asweetspoonful.com/2011/04/blindly-patiently.html

Courtney said...

Carrie...Love your blog! I know everything about being in a long distance relationship. Zach and I did it for 3 years while he was living in Florida and I was in Kentucky. YOU CAN DO IT! It'll all be worth it someday :) Zach was my rock too...I remember having a few glasses of wine, a good cry and a phone call to a girlfriend and I felt better. Hang in there :)