l to r: shannon, tara, ashley, lauren b, nikki, sasha, bonnie, christina, me at kelsey's wedding
not pictured: lindsey g, kelsey, lauren e, caitlin
Today is one of those great Fridays. Albeit I have not been able to drag my tired ass out of bed every single morning this week, once I am up and at 'em, I am up. And at 'em. Today is just a good day. I have a pep in my step. For one, I can't stop listening to my new favorite band, Local Natives. Check them out.For two, Sasha Mae just got engaged! You see, I have 13 best friends from growing up, and we're still all the very best of friends. After graduating we all went our separate ways to college and our eventual career paths, living in different states and catching eachother sometimes at best, once a year. But, these women are so incredible. We all pick up where we left off, and you there's always a mass email sorting through bachelorette party plans, inside jokes inserted, wedding plans, travel plans, random meet-ups, etc.
Every single woman in this group is so talented and beautiful. Really. It sounds so cliche but it's true. Every single one has a head on their shoulders and has a freaking ridiculous PERSONALITY. Everyone is weird- the good weird. It's scary when we're all together. But I love them all.
Here's an example: one year, back in high school, we all went to my Grandparents house who live on a lake. It turned out to be a gloomy day and we were pissed we couldn't just lay out and listen to TLC "Unpretty". So we decided to have some fun. We divided into teams- "The Shits" in my grandparents paddle boat, and "The Alaskans" in the fishing boat. We had an hour to divide and conquer. We paddled and rowed all over the lake collecting ammunition- goose poop, rocks, mud in buckets, rocks hidden inside of hot dog buns- you name it, we collected it. When gathering commenced, we met in the middle of the lake for a war. We pelted eachother with all of our ammunition. This was somehow the most hilarious and ridiculous war of all time. We took ourselves SO seriously. In fact, my team, ahem, the AWESOME team, made a flag out of a pole we found and Tara's underwear. We waved it proudly when we declared that we won, after Christina went man overboard. We still talk about this war to this day. I actually have two pictures, the only two pictures from that day, of our teams in our boats, but I'd have to find them and scan them. Maybe for another time...
Love all of you girls!

1 comment:
Yeah. I'm going to need to see these photos. I'm sure they're epic.
Post a Comment