We talked shop (blog talk). It was what I imagine are some of the hot topics at these blogger meet ups that I never get invited to- what the eff? I have like, 150 viewers-give or take- and you don't think I'm some expert? (Where's the sarcasm font when ya need one). I.E. the fine line between sharing too much, or sharing too little. The idea that some girls paint a completely peachy life when in fact they're just like everyone else. The decision to keep some things "sacred" and some things as an open book. It's a balance, that's for sure.
I don't think I really share too much personal things about Jake and I's relationship. And I really like that. But today, I just want to share how proud I am of him for how hard he works, and how humble he is about it. It just really makes me admire the guy that much more.
[one of my fav pics of Jake]
Sure, we're in a long distance relationship (LDR) but, I can't help but take a gazillion notes from my Mom who is also, technically, in an LDR given that Dad travels a ton for work. She has been so strong about it, for years and years. And I know deep down inside, she just wants to be a "normal couple" (something I've recently said to her in a bout of missing Jake). So today I'd like to say that I'm also really proud of my Mom and Dad, for setting such a great example of selfless love and strength for one another, even if you can't be a "normal couple" right now.
This post was all over the place. But it's Friday. My brain is frazzled from the week. And I get to see Jake and my family all weekend! Life is good.


1 comment:
Excellent points, indeed. xo.
Post a Comment