Friday, September 23, 2011

ny recap

Caitlin and I kicked our Friday off from work/me arriving in Brooklyn with picking up Caitlin's dry-cleaning and grabbing a little bite to eat for lunch at Building on Bond. And within minutes we were clinkin' the ol' glasses. Ahhh, pure refreshment. We split some caprese and mac n' cheese and were well on our way to energized to tackle the day ahead of us. Plus, we wanted to save a week's worth of our appetite for a later dinner at Caitlin's favorite dining place, Alta. (If you're in NYC- in any borough- GO). The tapas, the fried goat cheese balls, the company, the ambiance...it was all perfect.
 
But BEFORE dinner, the day was jam-packed. We visited Caitlin's Manhattan office, walked the pier, got mani's & pedi's and made it to Alta for that delicious, life-changing tapas experience. I was so lucky to have Tessa, Jenny and Caitlin and I's mutual childhood longtime friend, Lizzie join us at Art Bar afterwards!
Saturday was BROOKLYN day, taking in all the sights and lovely fav's in Cait's 'hood. We slept in and enjoyed brunch at Caitlin's favorite brunch spot Robin des Bois. We sat in a industrial, over-sized sign garden and enjoyed iced coffee, eggs and chicken sausages, carmelized apples and greens. It was heaven. We visited some shops, got MORE coffee, people-watched and scattered about Brooklyn. If I had to pick a place to live in NYC, I'd probably pick B-town. We stopped at a grocery store and loaded up on 5 kinds of cheese, wine, and enchilada ingredients to make at Cait's abode for dinner. It was nothing short of heavenly (are you sensing a food-coma theme here?)
Sunday morning we woke up bright and earlay to wander our tired but excited, and pink-haired souls down to Central Park to walk Race for the Cure to support breast cancer and my dearest of friends, Tessa! She was there running, and the experience was nothing short of breath-taking. I am so proud of her. Not only did she run bald, but she's at the home stretch of her chemo treatments. She is simply amazing.
Sunday night, after some lazing about and taking a good ol' fashioned NAP, we met up at Lil' Frankie's to meet my first and lovely blogger friends, Reagan and her hubby Jake! We instantly hit it off and both kept saying how much we were so happy to have finally met, and just how damn excited we were to hang together. Lots of laughter and stories were told over slices of 'za and libations. Reagan is just as sweet and hilar in person, and I am definitely going to be visiting again (plus, they need to come see THE 'BUS).
Overall, the weekend was delightfully amazing. Thank you Caitlin for having me, and for Googling upon my request in your bed, "African American popular baby names."

To Brooklyn,
I will be back.
Forever Yours,
Old Eight Ball O'Carrie

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Your frizendo Caitlin sounds pretty fun. Perhaps you should don pink wigs for all time.

Professor Fancy Pants said...

love. cannot wait to hear more tomorrow.