Wednesday, November 16, 2011

movement

Over the weekend I got a new TV that gave me the itch to move the big love seat/chair. I used to change my apartment or room around all the time! But I haven't changed my living room around since I moved in! And that was 2 years ago! The tiny movement of the chair to a 90 degree angle off the wall (instead of angled in the corner) made such a huge difference that it got me to thinking- maybe there IS a solution to my furniture in this awkward room. I have french doors leading to my front porch that are always open in the spring and summer, so I thought, maybe I could utilize those doors as a temporary wall for winter? Alas, I needed visuals. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to have to have a plan. I took some post-its and started playing.
 original setup: top left is the door. bottom middle is the french doors. right middle is my fireplace. 
I knew I wanted to move the couch to the long wall and cover one of the french doors. I also have to keep my tv in the corner or that top wall because of the cable connection.
With Christmas approaching, I had to make sure to include space for my 5' tree (and new tree skirt!). This is the final setup I ended up going with (save for a few minor changes) and it looks really good! I'm so glad I had a plan before I moved everything.

What could you move around for a fresh way to enjoy your home? Swap out some chairs? A new setup for Christmas time with the tree included? Making a little game out of it with paper was fun. Give it a try!

No comments: