I had 10 days of winter break at the end of December until yesterday. Winter break. I haven't said that in years (except, well, I did last year) but I haven't had a real winter break since college. I can remember days spent at the indoor pool to kill the hours and energy we had pent up. I can remember having to work Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve and hating every second of it. But not this year. This year I spent time with friends, family, Jake and Jake's family. And I slept. Boy did I ever sleep.
I also read on my (new!) Kindle (thanks, Jake!) and those old things- what are they called? Oh yeah, BOOKS. I finished up Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and I think you should read it. There were times it was really heavy and I had to take breaks. But it was a beautiful read and I can't wait to go see the movie with my friend Britt in a couple of weeks when it comes out. We're new(er) friends, so it will be fun to see eachother weep into our respective popcorns and diet cokes.
Right now I'm reading both Saving CeeCee Honeycutt and Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? Both are light reads, but after the last one, much needed. On that note, does anyone have any book suggestions?
I literally imagined myself, the other day, standing at the top of a new year looking ahead. Facing east on the timeline of 2012 and thinking about what it could hold for me. I had a blessed and casual 2011, so I can only hope for something as delightful for this year. But I feel good about it. I am thinking another half marathon, when the winter bear in me wakes (Jake did call me a bear that hibernates the other day and that's pretty accurate). I am thinking lots and lots of books. Lately I just can't seem to get enough. I am thinking of cooking more (Chopped and Food Network in general are inspiring me). I will be 28 in July, and that just seems plain old.
So, let's all be kind to eachother this year, shall we? Mostly to ourselves. xx
[via]

1 comment:
The Glass Castle, recommended read per Monica.
Post a Comment