Friday, December 12, 2008

Cupcake Goodness

With names like Funky Monkey, Buckeye Nation, Oreo Sandwiched and Dreamsicle how could anyone resist a made-from-scratch utterly delectible and savory cupcake!? I cannot.

I quite honestly have never been a fan of any sort of cake, including cupcakes. Desserts? Yes, but I'm the one reaching for a slice of banana cream pie or cheesecake, oh the graham cracker crusting! But I was formerly introduced to Bakery Gingham in German Village on April 11, 2008 (I remember because it was for Nikki's birthday) and have never looked back! These cupcakes are not your ordinary grocery store too-sugary you want to gag finds. They instantly and literally melt in your mouth.

Lauren, I can't thank you enough for bringing me into the world of cupcake stardom. You definately get all the street cred for this one! Much praise to you for finding and introducing me to the goodness of deliciously made desserts! Fortunately, Lauren brought them to Nikki's birthday sushi dinner we had at Shoku in Grandview and the 3 of us could barely contain dipping our fingers in the icing as early as the edamame arrived. I guess there really is no appropriate dessert to follow a sushi dinner but I'm telling you, I'd eat these cupcakes for dessert after an omelette breakfast they are so yummy.

Owner Amanda Ellis apparently found her bread and butter...or should I say cake and icing.
After working in the corporate world, owner and cake designer Amanda Ellis decided to follow her lifelong passion to create edible masterpieces. Amanda is truly passionate about making cakes and is honored to be a part of the happy process of wedding planning. Amanda entered the world of cakes by studying professional cake-making with one of the top ten cake designers in the country. She's been hooked on the art and craft of cakes ever since. Amanda's life-long love of baking and arts and crafts finally found a place to blossom when she decided to fulfill her dreams and launch Bakery Gingham. (http://www.bakerygingham.com/)

Visit http://www.bakerygingham.com/ to place orders, get directions, and experience the dessert you've been missing out on.

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

Oh thanks a lot. Now there will be no peace until I get one of these.