Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dear Santa

Dear Santa,
Hey man! Can you believe it's been a whole year already? Neither can I...really, neither can I.

I must say, you have never really let me down! I am still astonished at how you manage to keep your whites so white on the rim of your suit despite all of the chimney-shimmying you do in just one night. You are magic! And how did you know I wanted that Playschool Kitchenette back in the day?

I do have a couple of things I want to get out on the table, you know just puttin' it out there. Last year I said all I wanted was a job and a boyfriend...

...and Paul Rudd did not come knocking at my door. What's up with that? I'm sure the elves were just looking out for me though, considering I needed a job and to support myself first. Well, I got one and have had a few steady resume-building experiences along the way. (By the way, don't listen to anything Mom tells you about that experience in Minneapolis about losing my wallet, she's just making that up.) So I would say that I've been keeping my end of the bargain up pretty well this grand year of '08! Yes?

Case in point, instead of asking for a man could you maybe just send a cat instead? Maybe one that is black & white with white boots? If you consider it, get him/her from an adoption shelter (I'm sure they have your tab.)

I know what you're thinking, I'm 24 and single, I should be asking for a fabulous spa getaway or something of that nature (you can send that too). I promise I won't let myself go and become all crazy cat-lady or anything, I just think it'd be kinda cool.

Don't worry though, if you can't find the right one that's just purrfect for me we can wait. Wine and underwear will also work.

Yours forever,
Carebear

P.S. Do you like cookie dough too? I must have been subconsciously thinking of you when I went to the Cheryl's Cookies bake sale back in the Spring and bought 300 cookie dough balls. I just know you want 100 cookies...come on. Take 'em, you know you can't resist! PLEASE. TAKE THEM.

No comments: