Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama!

"First of all, how good-looking is my wife?" And yet another reason to love the 44th President, Barack Obama. I couldn't help but have the chills the entire time I was watching the inauguration yesterday, and it wasn't cold in my apartment. The crowds, the excitement of a new beginning, the carefree and determined way Obama speaks to the people. But of course, after watching the coffee break with the Bush's, the endless rides to each event, the parade and of course the inauguration itself my mind wondered, "I bet they are all really hungry and really tired!" Leave it to me to worry about sleep and food. I think about that when I watch football games too. I wonder, "what the heck did they eat before this to sustain them for a good few hours of playing football?" You can tell I'm going to be a mother someday, but that's besides the point.

Michelle Obama and her children, Sasha and Malia are absolutely and without a doubt so adorable and beautiful. I wondered how much time it took for Michelle to pick out her outfit. Did people advise her? Or is she the kind of woman that wants to pick on her own? It seems she would have a backbone for that kind of thing. Although I didn't watch any of the 10 balls going on in the evening I did peruse the websites to see the white-ball gown she opted for, and I applaud her decision. So simple and classic, very Jackie Kennedy in it's simplicity. I think what I love most about the girls are that they are so wholesome and just too darn cute. I love how Malia is taking snapshots of her point of view throughout the transition of her life, including her fathers. As if the media and the entire world has not captured enough!
I cannot wait to see what unfolds in the years to come, including the fashion! I especially am excited to see what Michelle and the girls will get involved in and get behind.

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

Exciting and promising times for us. The Obama's are like the Kennedy's...