Friday, January 9, 2009

We Stood Alone

I have recently taken an interest to the blogspot community's Blog of Note, to which I have been so immersed in the featured blogger I inevitably end up adding them to the blogs I follow. It is really quite interesting to read about a person's life, hobbies and talents of a complete stranger; such disconnect although all of us sharing is so relatable.

Today I found the Blog of Note ArtSpark Theatre. Here's the rundown on the artist:

My name is Susan Sanford. I am an illustrator in Northern California who likes discovering unexpected connections.Contained herein: visual speculation and metaphor relating to poetry, beasts, states of mind, zeitgeist, random fancies. In the past I have focused on a topic a week - archives include an abbreviated version of the Odyssey, faces from the television series Deadwood, and illustrations of Wallace Stevens poems. Recently this blog has been efflorescing in a non-thematic way. But branchy!

So, of course I wandered...and I found yet another thing I crave. Susan features her work on Wearable Art on Redbubble which features her art on t-shirts and the like. Here is what I brewed together after picking the art, type of shirt and color of shirt I desired. (Click on either image to view larger version.)

Clearly, I would probably hand choose at least 5 of these shirts in varying colors to adorn my wardrobe but I may just have to wait and cultivate.

A pattern in nature – a face made of leaves.

...Then the tree, at night, began to change,
Smoking through green and smoking blue.
We were two figures in a wood
We said we stood alone
.

from on the Road Home, by Wallace Steven

Someday I will carry these in my store...<3

No comments: