Friday, January 30, 2009

Take Me Away

I happen to be SO over Winter here in Ohio. It's not that I necessarily hate the season but it is definately the least favorite of all four. Fall and Summer are in contention for first place but these are so far away I can barely remember how it feels to have the warm sun on my skin and tan lines from my bathing suit. So for now I will waste the cold days away with discovering the places I will travel someday. One of the first stops on my never-ending list is Santorini, Greece.

I first fell in love with the islands when I was watching Giada's Weekend Getaways on the Food Network, where she took any drooling viewer around the island taste-testing each aromatic and sultry dish that was worthy of the food equivelant to an Oscar. She had me at "Welcome to Greece!" There are other obvious reasons I find this island to be so exotically tempting; the black beaches, the blue sea, the crisp white buildings all lined up in varying heights to give everyone the best possible view of the sea and sunset.

I want to be there, now! Watching a sunset after a long day of adventure and naps in a hammock, with a sun-kissed tan and a drink in hand. For now, I will continue dreaming.

To plan your Greek trip aka daydream from your desk visit Santorini Island, A Complete Guide to Santorini, Greece.

No comments: