Monday, November 22, 2010

give clothes

This past weekend I got the feva'. No not the sickly kind but my brain and hands insisted on cleaning my entire apartment including a good purge from the ol' closet. I went through at least 15 bathing suits and bagged more than half (to later be added to a pile of DONATE clothes). Honestly though, I couldn't part with some of my original bikinis I donned back in the 90s. Good god, that sentence made me feel old. Who says that? Some pieces I feel like keeping around if only for shock value for my daughter someday. Okay, and to hand-down some actual legit pieces.

Anyways, my mood to clean must have been brought on by the high 60 degree weather we were having because it honestly feels like spring and Turkey Day is just days away! I'm wishing it were spring so I could sell the bags upon bags of clothes I'm saving for a yard sale someday, hoping all those cute middle school gals in my hood will come by and want some new swagg.

In keeping with the simplifying mode, I am currently saving outfits in my inspiration folder that I own some variation of. That way I can start to get multiple use out of the key classic pieces that will stay in style for some time, not to mention save some money. BTW I'm still wearing a Gap sweater from middle school. Gotta love El Gap.

I've virtually dog-earred these outfits from Sea of Shoes to keep me motivated for new when looking in my closet on a Friday night.


{images via}

post signature

No comments: