Friday, November 19, 2010

weekend plans

Ever have one of THOSE weeks? Like, when you're running all over town to doctor's appointments and a whole mug of coffee spills on your keyboard and work makes you want to tear your hair out? Let's just say TGI-to the F!

The other night I did something to relax that I missed doing in my years living in the Polaris area (within steps of the shopping mall and stores). I walked around Home Goods and Garden Ridge and actually TOOK time to look in every aisle. I used to get bored some weeknights and go to Barnes & Noble, sit in the interior design section, and just look at books. This felt very similar. I actually started Christmas shopping and WHAT a difference to not be rushed and look at everything! Anyways, it was my first time at Garden Ridge and my eyes widened in excitement (and also in disgust). Aisles upon aisles of throw pillows and everything imaginable to fill your home, not to mention columns and life-size statues of armor guards? One HALF of the warehouse is Christmas decor. I quickly decided I am going to pick a color theme this year for my decorations. I'm thinking birds. I'm thinking reds, black (yes classy black), aqua and stripes. Why not do my favorite theme? So with that, I think this weekend I might start pulling my Christmas decorations together, and dare I say it,put up the Christmas tree.
{my homemade snowflakes will be up again this year}
{directions for perfect cuts here}

I also plan on a few long good runs, sleeping in, coffee with new magazines and simply relaxing. After all, next weekend is Thanksgiving and then all hell breaks loose till January.
{almost time for Marilyn to make her yearly appearance}

Happy Weekend!

post signature

2 comments:

stacey erin said...

I'm feeling the pressure too! This Sunday is cookie baking day, and then they all get tucked in the freezer for a few more weeks. I may also try my hand at molded candies and chocolate covered pretzels... And if I could just get the tree UP, that would be a great start. Decorations will have to wait until after Thanksgiving.

Maggie said...

You're making me excited about Christmas. And thanks for the music recommendations, which I swiftly downloaded. (All of them.)

Have a blissful weekend -- you've got some great plans lined up.