Wednesday, June 15, 2011

a dose of cheese

My jewelry routine is pretty minimal. When I'm about to dash out the door in the morning I always remember to adorn myself with at least a few items to pull myself together. Stud earrings, a ring or two and a watch are my must-have daily wears.

Today I was going through my top drawer (here is how I organize it) and found my claddagh ring. "I haven't worn this thing in YEARS!" I thought. You see, back in high school I REALLY wanted one, although I'm not sure why because I was 100% sure I would never be able to point the heart "out" for having a boyfriend. My Dad got me this as a present sometime in my early years of high school and I wore it every single day. I can remember wishing so badly that I could turn that thing around. And I never have been able to until now! (Jake is not my first boyfriend, but I stopped wearing it after high school).

I polished the ring up and decided to wear it today. It's kind of a cute how I feel when looking at it, remembering all those years I wished I had a boyfriend, and how fun it feels to wear it again, with the crowned heart facing out.

In other non-cheesy related news (that was a huge dose of cheese-ball), you can see I'm getting really creative with my blog pictures taken on my phone, at work. Did you see my sticky note to drink more water? That's my goal. And to eat healthier. So far this week so good! I already feel a bit...well, lighter.

Bye!

No comments: