Wednesday, November 2, 2011

grandpa socks

I took a lot of....hmmm, what shall I call it? Criticism? For taking pictures in a bathroom. At work. Of myself. Creepy MySpace style. (It was from a co-worker). And you know what? It IS totally creepy. But I don't have any other way of documenting what I'm wearing and that here is the only thing I can think of to blog about since otherwise, my life is just pretty normal. SO. KELLY. THIS IS FOR YOU!
(Don't worry. Kelly and I work together. And we laugh with and AT each other every single day.) (Also, I wrote that sign normal and then went to the bathroom only to realize it was backwards. Then I rewrote it like, 5 times till I got it right. It was hard.) (Kelly was also in the bathroom at the same time I was trying to get this pic and I kicked her out so it wouldn't spoil the surprise.)
So anyway! Yesterday I wore a fun outfit totally and completely ripped off from Saucy Glossie (ya know? The blogger on those TJ Max commercials). I had bought the skirt and sweater at a 2nd hand store in Grandview, both for a whopping $18 bucks each! The sweater is Ann Taylor and the pleaded, plaid (!) skirt is from Gap. I had no idea how to style the Gap skirt without looking like a 10 year old. Then Saucy posted that outfit and voila! An outfit was born.
Another gratuitous mirror shot. It's been really fun to experiment with outfits as of late. Like, last weekend I went out with those booties on that are pictured with black short socks sticking out the top. These guys were talking to Tess and I, and within minutes I was named Grandpa Socks. And I am totally okay with that.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Honored. I make fun cause I'm jealous. That's what my mom says.

Caitlin said...

GRANDPA SOCKS! I love it! Matt just bought me a whole pack of those on Saturday. Also, whenever I wear Vans, my mom says I look like an old man mowing the lawn.

Professor Fancy Pants said...

love it.