To start: flip your head upside down and gather all your hairs on the top of your head. Use a comb or brush, or your fingers (if you want it a little more messy on the sides) to get a smooth gather.
Step 2: put an elastic tie in your hair. I buy the ones that match my hair color, but at this point it never shows, so it doesn't matter. That's just my OCD coming out. Tie it tight. If you can get it around three times, that's good.
Step 3: If your hair is clean (sometimes I do this immediately after blow-drying, especially if I know I'm going to have a bad hair day) spray it with some dry shampoo or hairspray. I love this dry shampoo (and it's cheap!)
Step 4: Grab a fine tooth comb and start teasing. It WILL look INSANE, but, the bigger the better. I grab my pony in pieces and tease chunks at a time.
Step 5: Once it's good and looks all, you stuck your finger in a socket, use the comb to get the hair to start moving in the same direction to "wrap" your bun in, well, a bun shape. Don't pull out all of the tease- this is what keeps it big.
Step 6: Wrap your bun. I take the pony all in one piece and start wrapping towards the front first- where the most "oomph" will show (and also my ombre highlights peek through). Have bobby pins ready. Pin at the base as you go.
Step 7: Keep wrapping and "placing" and pulling until it looks and feels right.
Step 8: Spray one or three times over for extra hold.
You're done!
This bun is full of secrets. Lots of them.
May the bun be with you.



No comments:
Post a Comment