Speaking of get to work. I'm three WOD'S in and officially obsessed. I love the feeling of lifting and the euphoria you feel for hours after- hell, even days. I find myself sitting at my desk all day long, waiting, longing for the time to change into my workout gear and head to another workout. I can't say I have ever felt the same way about going to my local gym after work- it always seemed dreadful and like I "had" to go to run and stay in shape. The difference now (yes, in just three WODs) is that I can't wait to be challenged (always something new and different) and to feel empowered and like I'm getting stronger with every rep.
I did have a bit of a setback during my first week, which made me feel embarrassed and weak. I was doing a dumbbell roll (think ab roller but with a dumbbell bar and weights) and it felt like my lower ab had shredded and ripped apart. They were already a little sore because I have not worked those lower "pooch" abs in a long time. I suspect the soreness from the first couple of days contributed to pulling it. I went home that day without a WOD under my belt, super depressed, and hoping it wasn't a hernia. I kept my eye on it, rested and went back fresh on Tuesday (yesterday) but remembered the number one piece of advice from friend CrossFitters- scale. back. Only do what you can do. If another girl puts a lot of weight on her dumbbell that's her goal, not yours. It doesn't mean you can't do it, or won't get there, but you have to take your time on these things. -- must remember this. So yesterday I did just that- I knew I could go to a heavier power clean weight, but I kept it light and it felt great.
About the pull-ups. I've been using straps to get up there and don't feel silly at all. Again, CrossFit is all about your own goals. No one is ever judging or challenging you (in a bad way) to do something heavier or out of your reach at the moment. I don't know anyone out of introductions yet, but everyone has been extremely welcoming and encouraging.
For personal record, here are my "before" pictures. I can't wait to see results. Specifically in my arms and stomach. I have never ever had strong arms. And my stomach is my "problem" area if I don't keep some shit (like food and working out) in check.
No comments:
Post a Comment