Monday, August 19, 2013

(some) little home updates

Since we've moved in to our new house in March, we've been making slow but steady progress on the house. If you're like me, who wants everything done as soon as possible, then it's a big hard pill to swallow that money and time and heck, just making decisions is all a process. I have to nod my hat to the cliche though, that the process is what makes it fun. Plus, I want our house to evolve over time with things we love, not just with things to fill it.
^ practical and pretty storage for Essie nail polish in the bathroom
clear vase: Michaels, aqua storage: World Market, q-tip storage: World Market (for spices)
^ replaced the gold and dirty ceiling fan with a rod iron chandelier (Lowes)! 
I can't wait to decorate with this for holidays!
curtains: Target, table: World Market (old), white vases: West Elm (old)
^ pig book ends (cb2), gold woven chargers, white with gold trim plates and Ohio tin plate (Goodwill)
I'm loving black, white and gold lately (except for all the brass that is in our house)

As you can see in some of the pictures, the entire house is trimmed out in builder's grade oak. I've never been a fan (ever), so I think my next big project will be to paint all the trim white (which is going to be one helluvan undertaking). I'm really gravitating toward the images on Pinterest with black window trim though to make it really pop. The more we can get away from country the better.

No comments: